While browsing my reader, I came across a post by Sparks from a Combustible Mind, who answered questions posed by Pensitivity101. Great questions…so I decided to join in because it just seems like today is a day for answering questions 🙂
- So, what do you think makes a good post on your blog?
- Do you have favourite?
- What do you prefer to write about?
- What do you like to read on other people’s blogs
- What attracts you to follow a blogger?
- I have no idea and frankly I don’t really try to figure it out. I have had some that bombed and some that did well, but if I were to look at my post stats I usually am upwards of 50% like…so, I’m fine with that. I often read a post and move on, then remember I didn’t leave a like. Yeah, I’ve gotten very lazy lately…sorry. I think a “good” post is one that makes someone smile, laugh, cry, shiver, or just go hmm, okay.
- No. I have written close to a thousand posts (over 800 are still available on my blog) in six months. I am doing good to remember what I wrote ten minutes ago until I look at it again. There are some that I really enjoyed (like Down the Cricket Hole, Old Man Cooper and its prequel, and a few others) but, for the most part, I don’t have a favorite.
- Anything and everything. October was super fun because I started out writing horror as a kid and do enjoy it — but in my own style. I don’t think many others would consider those horror posts. I write whatever strikes me at the time.
- Hmm…this answer could cause some hurt feelings…I prefer to read short fiction. Children’s and horror are two categories I am always up for. I will read a lot of different things, but those will always keep me coming back.
- Their voice. I like to read posts by those that are confident enough to stand behind what they write. That being said, I do have some limits on what I read and sometimes a writer (that’s what we all are) has a confident voice but a subject matter that I just don’t like, so I don’t read much of their work. It’s not about the writer, its a purely selfish drive to read things that I like. I hold nothing against people who don’t follow/read my work and I hope they are the same. I am always looking for more blogs to follow.