Lana over at Welcome to Our Campfire likes to post the first line of the book she is currently reading (or going to read) and normally I have one to share, but today I don’t. So what am I to do? Write some of my own of course…Let’s see if anything strikes your fancy. (I don’t know what, if anything, will come of these, but we’ll see).
Submitted for your approval (for you Twilight Fans out there like me):
- I don’t know exactly when it happened, but I changed. I changed and I can’t go back; even if I wanted to, I can’t.
- The stars and planets on my ceiling filled my room with their green halo. It was still early. Too early. Maybe, if I am real quiet, I can catch a glimpse of him.
- This will be an easy job, I thought, in and out; no one would ever suspect it was me all along.
- Who wants to leave all their friends behind? Not me! But, here I am, on a Trailways bus headed three thousand miles away from where I want to be.
- The party host lay dead on the dining room floor and Detective Ford was sure the murderer was still in the house.
- “This painting has been handed down for over ten generations,” Iris’s grandfather said. “Now it is up to you to protect, no matter the cost.”
- Four in the morning. Cats howling over the empty food bowls. Mrs. Star out in her track suit for her morning walk. Inside, the body of Ellie Tripp lay on the floor in a pool of blood.
- The letter arrived today, even though there was no mail delivery service.
- The chestnut mare was the most beautiful horse the boy had ever seen; she would be hers no matter what her owners told him.
- Have you ever wondered what happens when you buy books, put them on display in a bookcase, but never read them? Neither did I until the night I learned they don’t like when people do that.