Okay, so there will not be 100 people listed here…do you think I really want to torture all of you (and myself by writing it)?
This all started with Rory’s post on top 100 actors and actresses of the past 90 years. Don’t worry, my list doesn’t go back that far! As I wrote the post on screen actors, I suddenly felt bad for all the people I love that primarily appear only on stage (there are a few exceptions), so I decided to split them into stage and screen.
So, without further ado, here are my favorite actors that primarily appear(ed) on stage and my favorite productions.
- Colm Wilkinson (Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton)
- Michael Crawford (Phantom of the Opera, Barnum)
- Ramin Karimloo (Phantom of the Opera, Secret Garden)
- Mandy Patinkin (Evita, The Secret Garden)
- Harvey Fierstein (Hairspray, Fiddler on the Roof)
- Ben Vereen (Hair, Jesus Christ Superstar)
- Jonathan Pryce (Oliver!, My Fair Lady)
- Michael Ball (Les Miserables, Aspects of Love)
- Norm Lewis (Sweeney Todd, Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera)
- Allan Cumming (Cabaret, The Seagull)
- Terrence Mann (Rocky Horror Show, Pippin)
There are probably so many more I have missed, but such is life. Again, I went with those that were on the top of my head as being ones I loved.