Last week’s prompt:
Let the wild rumpus startMaurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are
We had a great turn out. Stop by and check out any that you may have missed (let me know in the comments if I missed any).
Be sure to tune into Tales from the Mind of Kristian later today for this week’s prompt.
- 50 Word Thursday — Let the wild rumpus start – Tao Talk
- The Cash Machine. – LillBlu1981
- 50 Word Thursday #28 – Wild Inspiration – Tales from the mind of Kristian
- Bob’s Conscience – eastelmhurst.a.go.go
- Flash Fiction: Little Furballs | The Dark Netizen
- 50 Word Thursday — Do You Wanna Have Fun? – This, That, and The Other
- 50 Words Thursday #27 – Keep it alive
- 50 Word Thursday #28 – Twenty Four
- Artwork – Invictus
The Future is Down
For fifty generations, the people of Haven have lived in the sky. Floating without a care in the world in balloons and ships passed down from father to son and mother to daughter. Everything a person would ever need in their was provided to them. The sky lord saw to that. The people were happy and the sky lord was happy. But, even in a perfect life, there is born in every generation one person who is not content. Ivan was this generation’s adventurer.
When other kids passed their day playing cards or making up stories with their family, Ivan stared below his balloon and wondered. He wondered what was below the clouds. Was it a world filled with giant monsters that could gobble him in a single bite? Or, was it a world filled with tiny fairies that fluttered around towering trees just waiting for him to come play?
The more he looked, the more he wondered. And the more he wondered, the more he dreamed. Dreamed of leaving the sky.
And that is exactly what he did on his thirteenth birthday after receiving his very own balloon.
“Goodbye,” he shouted, waving as he slowly deflated his balloon. “I love you all, but have to find out. I’ll write when I can!”
As his balloon inched its way down toward the unknown, Ivan’s heart raced with excitement. “I wonder what I’ll see first.”
Ivan didn’t have long to wait, for as soon as he was in a cloud bank, he saw…
I am going to tag Fandango to start off Ivan’s new journey.
- post the story as you receive it
- add to the story (or finish it, up to the writer)
- tag another person to continue the story (unless you finished it)
- Have fun!
If you would like to be considered for a first tag in the future, please let me know in the comments. I have lost my old list of who wants to participate and who doesn’t (sorry).